Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Outbreak and Recovery: Are workplaces safe from the spread of contagious diseases? Employers have had to allow their employees to work remotely as far as Covid-19 is concerned. There are guidelines in place on the employee workspace for workers who have to be in the office to prevent the spread of the disease. This includes:
- The use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Discouraging workers from using their colleagues’ offices, desks, phones, or other tools and equipment when possible.
- Regular housekeeping practices.
- Emphasis on frequent hand washing.
- The provision of flexible work sites.
- Employees self-quarantine if they have been in contact with a person who has the virus or if they have symptoms.
What are some of the containment measures being taken in workplaces to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus?
Working From Home
For employees who do not have to be in the office, video conferencing is being adopted. Of course, they have to ensure that they deliver even though they are not directly supervised. If they have problems with executing their tasks, they can communicate with their supervisor to avoid misunderstandings. They can also ensure that they have a comfortable home set up so that it will not hinder their productivity.
The Workplace Setup
For those employees who still need to be in the office, how is the workspace adjusting to the crisis?
- Educating them more on the contagious disease.
- Social distancing measures — Doing away with tasks that would require a lot of interactions with other employees or the public.
- Making workspaces more personalized, whereby employees do not have to share a lot of facilities.
With such situations comes a lot of ingenuity and the strict following of given guidelines. Working from home situations or ensuring workplaces are safe during such cases can be a big change. However, it is possible to maintain safety in situations like the COVID-19 outbreak and ensure that employees are still efficient. Contact us for more information on our interior solutions for various environments and organizations.