Please join us in welcoming Yvette Alvarado to Tangram! Yvette is joining the team as a Designer for our Newport Beach office, previously working as a Designer for an OC Herman Miller dealership. She’s passionate about many things, including Kings of Leon, Peruvian food and national parks. We can’t wait for Yvette to be a lifesaver here at Tangram— her knowledge, drive and positivity will make her a perfect fit. Welcome, Yvette, we’re happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Yvette Alvarado, Designer
2. Where is your hometown?
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
I worked for a Herman Miller Dealership in OC, and I was a Project Designer there as well. I want to be a well versed Designer and that is why I looked into my growth with Tangram Interiors.
4. What is something you recently crossed off your bucket list?
I recently visited Zion National Park, and I was able to cross that off of my list. Next up is Banff in Canada.
5. How would you describe your favorite food to someone who’s never had it before?
I would describe it as hardy, filling, and absolutely delicious. It’s Peruvian food.
6. If you could have lunch with someone famous (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
I would have to say Caleb Followill, the lead singer of Kings of Leon. I am very passionate about music, and his songs and melodies have been a favorite of mine since I was 17.
7. What are you most looking forward to in your new role at Tangram?
I am looking forward to learning new product, being a well rounded designer, and ultimately I want to be a go-to resource for the company and my future teams. I am also excited to learn about the company culture.
8. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Hmmm, long story short, I have used a defibrillator on someone before, and I am happy to say we saved his life. It definitely was a scary situation but it had a beautiful outcome.
9. How many donuts are you capable of eating in one sitting?
I always aim high so I’ll commit to three in one sitting.
10. What do you hope to bring to the Tangram team?
I hope to use my previous knowledge and skills to learn all of the product lines quickly so that I can eventually be an important resource to this company. I value being valuable and it is my goal to become a top producer and a helpful hand when needed. I also hope to be a positive and joyful influence to others.