Please join us in welcoming Audrey Castro to Tangram! Audrey is joining the team as a Project Manager, previously working at an installation company in the same role. This Palm Springs native is Disney’s biggest fan and even got the chance to visit Disney World for the first time recently. Ask Audrey about Mechado— if you’re lucky, she might bring you some. We look forward to having her passion, work ethic and sense of humor here at Tangram. Welcome, Audrey, we’re happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Audrey Castro, Project Manager
2. Where is your hometown?
Good ol’ sunny Palm Springs, Ca
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
An installation company specializing in modular furniture and demountable walls, Project Manager
4. What is something you recently crossed off your bucket list?
I’m a Disney Nerd! I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to visit Florida for the first time, and go to Disney World. It is literally a world of its own, and it was AMAZING!
5. How would you describe your favorite food to someone who’s never had it before?
My mom makes this delicious dish that is soooo good. It’s called Mechado (Filipino Dish). It’s Savory, tender, and saucy goodness! Honestly though, why describe it?? I would rather offer him/her a plate, and we can both talk about how amazing it was. Then go for seconds!
6. If you could have lunch with someone famous (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
Nicole Simpson – Let’s really find out what happened that day.
7. What are you most looking forward to in your new role at Tangram?
Expanding my knowledge, and building a stronger foundation in my career. I’m also looking forward to meeting and collaborating with a new Team.
8. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
Cutting ties with someone/something that no longer brings value to my life… Sometimes, it doesn’t matter how much time, you’ve invested, if it no longer serves you purpose, it’s time to go.
9. How many donuts are you capable of eating in one sitting?
I can probably stomach one donut, in one sitting.. Don’t judge me- I’m not a huge fan of donuts. Give me some ice cream, and it’s a whole different ball game.
10. What do you hope to bring to the Tangram team?
Passion. You have to have passion to succeed in anything we do. Strong work ethic, determination, and my team player attitude. Oh, and my witty, (sometimes) dry sense of humor – Laughter – it feeds the soul.