Please join us in welcoming Amity Bertsch to Tangram! Amity is joining the team as a Designer, previously a Design Director at a Cincinnati Steelcase Dealership. This Ohio native takes her vacations on the sea and her martinis shaken, not stirred. We are thrilled to have her many years of experience and Steelcase knowledge as amazing additions to the team. Welcome, Amity, we’re happy to have you!
1. Name, title?
Amity Bertsch, Designer
2. Where is your hometown?
West Chester, Ohio
3. What type of company did you work at previously and what was your role there?
Previously the Design Director at Loth, Cincinnati Steelcase Dealership
4. What is something you recently crossed off your bucket list?
While on a day cruise in Cabo with family & friends, we saw many whales. They were (breaching) leaping up in the air all around us. Almost too close! But it was amazing to me.
5. How would you describe your favorite food to someone who’s never had it before?
One of my favorite foods is “Bang Bang shrimp”. The sweet hot flavored sauce on the semi crunchy batter lights up all your tastebuds and pairs perfectly with a martini.
6. If you could have lunch with someone famous (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
I would love to have lunch with Sean Connery. I am a big James Bond fan and I would like to hear stories about the behind the scenes.
7. What are you most looking forward to in your new role at Tangram?
I’m looking forward to working with new people and new clients in a new part of the country.
8. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
The bravest thing I’ve done recently would be to say goodbye to my only son when we dropped him off at college. Nothing prepares you for that rush of emotion. Letting go, being happy, being sad and proud all at the same time.
9. How many donuts are you capable of eating in one sitting?
Unfortunately, I think I could make about a half dozen doughnuts disappear without too much trouble!
10. What do you hope to bring to the Tangram team?
I am hoping to bring my love of great design and several years of experience with clients to the Tangram team.